Kolese St. Ignatius (Ignatius House of Studies – IHS)

kolsani1The first stone of the Ignatius House of Studies was placed in February 18, 1923. It was firstly used for the Novitiate and the Juniorate, namely the place to train and prepare the new members of the order of the Society of Jesus, or called the Jesuits.

 

 

 

kolsani2It was also, then, used as the place for the Jesuit scholastics (the candidates for priesthood) to study philosophy.

 

 

 

 

kolsani3
Furthermore, after playing an important role as an asylum – that is to say during the Indonesian independence struggle until 1945 – it was used partly for the Major Seminary.

 

 

kolsani4

The (Old) Church of St. Anthony, Kotabaru, Jogyakarta

 

kolsani8